Full-Stack Developer (Rails + Ember)
Wavre (Belgium) + Remote
Prospect.io is a fast growing startup based in Wavre, Belgium. We help more than 850 companies worldwide to grow with our sales automation platform. At the moment, we are a team of 15 people and we have high ambitions.
We are currently looking for a full-stack developer to join us building the application in Ruby on Rails.
Prospect.io just over 2 years old and the business is going pretty well. We have 5.000 users in more than 70 countries and we are already profitable. From a technological point of view, the project mixes classical Rails development with API interactions (Gmail, Zapier, etc.), a Google Chrome extension and a single page app written in Ember (in other words: a bunch of exciting new technologies and challenges).
What will be my mission? 💪
- You will take part in a worldwide project aiming to change how sales people work. We deeply believe that sales processes can be dramatically improved. Today, sale people waste too much time performing repetitive tasks. As a member of our team, you will help small and medium businesses to find new customers by automating the repetitive parts of their job.
- Your role will be to lead the development of the platform: frontend as well as backend. In the first instance, you will familiarise with our stack (Rails and Ember) and the tools and we use and APIs we consume. You will practice these tools on a daily basis by coding client-side and server-side. You will discuss software architecture, define coding best practices, review commits, propose new technologies that are able to tackle challenges we will face.
- As an fledgling member of the dev team, you will have full access to all the codebase, servers, tools, … `You will review your colleagues commits just as they will review yours (two brains are better than one). You will deploy your code on production servers from day one. You will evolve in a startup environment implying you will also perform other tasks alongside the job description hereunder. You will be part of a strong team who like to share ideas, chat and have fun together.
- The job allows you to be productive. Even if our office will be available for you to work from every weekday, you can choose to work remotely 3 days per week.
We also offer a competitive salary
- Last but not least, you will join a team that loves beautiful and user friendly products. Prospect.io was founded by technical guys who have SaaS product development in their DNA. In everything we do, we do our best to deliver high quality user experience and robust software.
What do I need?
- You have made side-projects / piece of code / open-source project related to web development
- You have more than 2 years of experience with an OO programming language
- You have more than 2 years of experience as a web developer (front-end and/or backend)
- You are a problem solver and you like to understand how things work
- You are fluent in english
- You contribute to open-source projects
- You have experience with Ruby
- You have experience with Ember
- You have experience with scaling a large application
- You are fluent in french
We offer 🍫
- A competitive salary, based on experience
- A MacBook Pro laptop
- A fulfilling, challenging work experience
- An incredible team of hackers and hustlers ;)
- Up to 3 remote working days/week
- An exciting job in a true startup environment
- A great office in Wavre (15 minutes from Brussels)
- Flexible hours
- A team retreat every year (Barcelona and Athens so far)
- A team restaurant almost every month (yes, we love food)
- Customers First
- No Bullshit
- Think Outside The Box
- Make Mistakes
- Be Lazy
- Only "No Ego" Doers
- The Devil is in the Detail
- Keep It Simple
- Freedom & Responsibility
- Have Fun & Be Happy
The best way to understand our values is to check our culture deck.
Minimum 2 days at our awesome office in Wavre + Remote